Patnaik gets rousing reception in Kandhamal, Mayurbhanj
Jharsuguda (Odisha): After being greeted with black flags by Congress activists in Kandhamal and Mayurbhanj districts, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday was accorded a warm welcome during a visit to Jharsuguda.
Patnaik was accorded a rousing reception by activists of different parties including the ruling BJD and opposition Congress during his whirlwind tour of the district.
Today`s reception was in sharp contrast to protests against the chief minister`s visit to Kandhamal and Mayurbhanj districts last week as several Congress activists were arrested for showing black flags to the CM.
The chief minister laid the foundation stone of a host of projects including the district headquarters hospital building to be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs.38 crore. The 300-bed super speciality hospital will cater to the need of local people, Patnaik said after laying the foundation stone.
He also laid the foundation stone of water supply project for Jhrsuguda town at an estimated Rs 32.44 crore and a railway overbridge at Sunarmunda.
Later, Patnaik inaugurated the soil testing laboratory and farm information and advisory centre buildings here and unveiled a statue of the legendary Biju Patnaik at Brajarajnagar.
A 100-seater Sevasharma meant for scheduled tribe boys was also inaugurated by the chief minister.
Addressing the gathering, Patnaik said "my government is committed to the allround development of the people with priority to health, drinking water and roads projects while we are working hard for the betterment of the down-trodden.
Among others, Rajya Sabha MP Kishore Mohanty, local MLA Naba Kumar Das and Brajarajnagar MLA Anup Sai accompanied the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back