Patnaik urges Centre to allow Odisha avail WB, ADB loans
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday wrote to Union Rural Development Minister Nitin Gadkari seeking inclusion of the state for financial aid from World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and others to ensure safe drinking water for all.
"I would therefore request you to consider including the state of Odisha in the list of states for which financial assistance will be sought for from these (WB and JICA) external funding agencies during the current financial year," he said in the letter.
Patnaik said, as part of the state government`s commitment to set up large-scale drinking water infrastructure to provide safe drinking water to all sections of the rural population in their premises in a phased manner it had initiated efforts to accomplish the objective by identifying the potentiality of surface water sources.
To meet this challenge, a mega pipe water supply project had been taken up based on surface water sources like large water bodies, dams and perennial rivers, Patnaik said.
As implementation of the projects required huge funding, the state government needs financial assistance from international funding agencies like the World Bank, JICA, and Asian Development Bank (ADB), Patnaik said, requesting the Centre to include Odisha in the list of states to avail the external assistance.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know