Patnaik urges Centre to allow Odisha avail WB, ADB loans
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday wrote to Union Rural Development Minister Nitin Gadkari seeking inclusion of the state for financial aid from World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and others to ensure safe drinking water for all.
"I would therefore request you to consider including the state of Odisha in the list of states for which financial assistance will be sought for from these (WB and JICA) external funding agencies during the current financial year," he said in the letter.
Patnaik said, as part of the state government`s commitment to set up large-scale drinking water infrastructure to provide safe drinking water to all sections of the rural population in their premises in a phased manner it had initiated efforts to accomplish the objective by identifying the potentiality of surface water sources.
To meet this challenge, a mega pipe water supply project had been taken up based on surface water sources like large water bodies, dams and perennial rivers, Patnaik said.
As implementation of the projects required huge funding, the state government needs financial assistance from international funding agencies like the World Bank, JICA, and Asian Development Bank (ADB), Patnaik said, requesting the Centre to include Odisha in the list of states to avail the external assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why