Pay top attention to crimes against women, Naveen tells cops
Cuttack: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said his government attaches top priority to people-friendly policing and paying utmost attention to crimes against women.
Addressing the valedictory address the two-day IPS officers? conference here, Patnaik asked the top cops to address crimes against women with greater empathy and concern.
Elaborating his government’s measures to contain crimes against women, he said any aggrieved woman can make a complaint in any police station of the state and an FIR must be registered in all such cases.
"Investigation into serious crimes like rape and atrocities against women must be completed within 60 days and charge-sheet filed within this period," he said adding, cases relating to rape, rape and murder, and dowry would be fast tracked.
The Chief Minister also reiterated that women’s cell would be opened in all SP offices and women and children help desks in all police stations be strengthened.
"Crimes against women are not acceptable in any form in a civilised society, and must be dealt with an iron hand," he said stressing on checking trafficking of women and children.
Complimenting the police on Left wing extremism, the chief minister however, asked them to remain vigilant to contain the naxal problems and to prevent spread of the menace to new areas. "There is no room for complacency in this regard," he emphasised adding a revised surrender and rehabilitation policy for Naxalites has been put in place.
Patnaik also asked the top cops to deal firmly against economic offences, cyber crimes and organised crimes which have raised their ugly faces in the state in numbers. He also announced that community policing scheme is being finalised for implementation in all police stations of the state soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details