PCB allows RSP to resume operation
Bhubaneswar: Four days after shutdown of
two units at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), Odisha`s State
Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has granted permission to
operate them following anti-pollution measures and submission
of a time-bound action plan.
RSP sources said that based on a comprehensive
time-bound action plan presented by it before the board last
week and the action already taken for pollution control at two
units, they have been granted permission to operate them.
In compliance with the directive of SPCB, they had
shut down these two units on January 16.
In a statement the company affirmed its commitment
towards fulfilling the action plans on emission control in a
While closing down the two units, RSP undertook
various process improvement steps to modify its pollution
A delegation of RSP led by its CEO G S Prasad had
assured the SPCB that concrete steps were being taken to
rectify certain lacunae by putting in place the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index