PCB allows RSP to resume operation
Bhubaneswar: Four days after shutdown of
two units at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), Odisha`s State
Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has granted permission to
operate them following anti-pollution measures and submission
of a time-bound action plan.
RSP sources said that based on a comprehensive
time-bound action plan presented by it before the board last
week and the action already taken for pollution control at two
units, they have been granted permission to operate them.
In compliance with the directive of SPCB, they had
shut down these two units on January 16.
In a statement the company affirmed its commitment
towards fulfilling the action plans on emission control in a
While closing down the two units, RSP undertook
various process improvement steps to modify its pollution
A delegation of RSP led by its CEO G S Prasad had
assured the SPCB that concrete steps were being taken to
rectify certain lacunae by putting in place the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video