PCB allows RSP to resume operation
Bhubaneswar: Four days after shutdown of
two units at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), Odisha`s State
Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has granted permission to
operate them following anti-pollution measures and submission
of a time-bound action plan.
RSP sources said that based on a comprehensive
time-bound action plan presented by it before the board last
week and the action already taken for pollution control at two
units, they have been granted permission to operate them.
In compliance with the directive of SPCB, they had
shut down these two units on January 16.
In a statement the company affirmed its commitment
towards fulfilling the action plans on emission control in a
While closing down the two units, RSP undertook
various process improvement steps to modify its pollution
A delegation of RSP led by its CEO G S Prasad had
assured the SPCB that concrete steps were being taken to
rectify certain lacunae by putting in place the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional