PCB allows RSP to resume operation
Bhubaneswar: Four days after shutdown of
two units at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), Odisha`s State
Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has granted permission to
operate them following anti-pollution measures and submission
of a time-bound action plan.
RSP sources said that based on a comprehensive
time-bound action plan presented by it before the board last
week and the action already taken for pollution control at two
units, they have been granted permission to operate them.
In compliance with the directive of SPCB, they had
shut down these two units on January 16.
In a statement the company affirmed its commitment
towards fulfilling the action plans on emission control in a
While closing down the two units, RSP undertook
various process improvement steps to modify its pollution
A delegation of RSP led by its CEO G S Prasad had
assured the SPCB that concrete steps were being taken to
rectify certain lacunae by putting in place the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform