PCB allows RSP to resume operation
Bhubaneswar: Four days after shutdown of
two units at Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP), Odisha`s State
Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has granted permission to
operate them following anti-pollution measures and submission
of a time-bound action plan.
RSP sources said that based on a comprehensive
time-bound action plan presented by it before the board last
week and the action already taken for pollution control at two
units, they have been granted permission to operate them.
In compliance with the directive of SPCB, they had
shut down these two units on January 16.
In a statement the company affirmed its commitment
towards fulfilling the action plans on emission control in a
While closing down the two units, RSP undertook
various process improvement steps to modify its pollution
A delegation of RSP led by its CEO G S Prasad had
assured the SPCB that concrete steps were being taken to
rectify certain lacunae by putting in place the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details