PCI sets up a panel to look into problems of small newspapers
Bhubaneswar: The Press Council of India on Monday announced setting up a committee to look into problems faced by the small and medium news papers in Odisha.
This was announced by Chairman of the Press Council of India Justice (retd) Markandey Katju at the National Council Meet of All India Small and Medium newspapers Federation here.
"I further direct the Odisha government officials to meet the above committee and discuss with them the advertisement policy, rates and others," Justice Katju said while reading out a circular.
The PCI chairman also said that the state govenrment must consult and discuss the matter with the committee before changing the policy and advertisement rates.
Stating that small and medium newspapers are having 85 per cent of the total circulation of newspapers in the state, he said these newspapers were more intimately in touch with the problems of the common people.
Earlier, the federation in a memorandum to the Odisha Governor SC Jamir had highlihted the problems faced by the small and medium news papers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’