PCI sets up a panel to look into problems of small newspapers
Bhubaneswar: The Press Council of India on Monday announced setting up a committee to look into problems faced by the small and medium news papers in Odisha.
This was announced by Chairman of the Press Council of India Justice (retd) Markandey Katju at the National Council Meet of All India Small and Medium newspapers Federation here.
"I further direct the Odisha government officials to meet the above committee and discuss with them the advertisement policy, rates and others," Justice Katju said while reading out a circular.
The PCI chairman also said that the state govenrment must consult and discuss the matter with the committee before changing the policy and advertisement rates.
Stating that small and medium newspapers are having 85 per cent of the total circulation of newspapers in the state, he said these newspapers were more intimately in touch with the problems of the common people.
Earlier, the federation in a memorandum to the Odisha Governor SC Jamir had highlihted the problems faced by the small and medium news papers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan can help US destabilise Taliban: Senator Bob Corker
- North Korean leader`s aunt runs dry-cleaner in US: Reports
- Bipul Sharma: What you need to know about SunRisers Hyderabad's gamechanger
- Women too post sexist comments on Twitter, reveals study
- Thai man whose penis was bitten by 10-foot long python in toilet recovering