Pilgrim robbed inside Jagannath Temple
Bhubaneswar: A pilgrim from Maharashtra was allegedly robbed of Rs 50,000 while performing puja inside the temple, police said.
The pilgrim identified as Prakash Maruti Solanki, lodged a complaint at Singhadwar police station.
Solanki alleged that a person stole money from his pocket when he alongwith three of his relatives were offering prayers at the shrine yesterday.
"I raised an alarm to catch him, but he managed to escape," Solanki said adding that he suspected a priest of having a role in the theft as he had insisted on escorting them to the sanctum sanctorum.
"He (the priest) forcibly made me to bow before the deity when somebody took out the money from my pant pocket," he said.
Meanwhile, the police detained the priest and was probing the thief was a priest or an outsider.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read