Pilgrim robbed inside Jagannath Temple
Bhubaneswar: A pilgrim from Maharashtra was allegedly robbed of Rs 50,000 while performing puja inside the temple, police said.
The pilgrim identified as Prakash Maruti Solanki, lodged a complaint at Singhadwar police station.
Solanki alleged that a person stole money from his pocket when he alongwith three of his relatives were offering prayers at the shrine yesterday.
"I raised an alarm to catch him, but he managed to escape," Solanki said adding that he suspected a priest of having a role in the theft as he had insisted on escorting them to the sanctum sanctorum.
"He (the priest) forcibly made me to bow before the deity when somebody took out the money from my pant pocket," he said.
Meanwhile, the police detained the priest and was probing the thief was a priest or an outsider.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor