Pipili gangrape: Polygraph tests on 3 accused
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Police on Friday
conducted polygraph tests on the three accused involved in the
sensational gangrape and attempt to murder of a teenage dalit
girl at Pipili in Odisha`s Puri district.
"Polygraph test has been conducted at the State
Forensic Science Laboratory in Bhubaneswar with due permission
of the court," said a senior Crime Branch of Police official.
The three accused on whom the lie detection test was
conducted were: Sukanta Pradhan alias Abua, Premananda Nayak
and Buna Swain.
The investigating agency had earlier conducted the
same test on Prasanta Pradhan alias Pasei, the prime accused
in the sensational rape and attempt to murder case, on January
The four were now lodged at a sub-jail in Nimapada.
"Though the outcome of the polygraph tests are not
acceptable by the court of law, the revelation made by the
accused help the investigating agency to reach at any
conclusion," a senior officer said.
The four allegedly tried to rape and murder the
19-year-old dalit girl of Arjungada village under Pipili
Police Station area of Puri district on November 28, 2011.
Though the girl`s family moved the Pipli police
station next day on November 29, the in-charge officer
concerned refused to entertain the complant which subsequently
lead to his dismissal from the service.
The police finally registred a case on January 9, 2012
after a direction from the State Human Rights Commission. The
girl, in semi-coma stage, had been at the ICU of the SCB
medical college hospital in Cuttack.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra