Pipili gangrape victim`s father deposes before probe panel
Cuttack: Father of the Pipili gang rape and murder victim on Saturday deposed before the Justice Mohanty Commission inquiring into the crime.
Babuli Behera appeared before the Justice PK Mohanty Commission of Enquiry at its 50th sitting, and he will be cross-examined from tomorrow, sources said.
The 19-year-old Dalit girl, of Pipili in Odisha`s Puri district, was gangraped and strangulated by miscreants in November 2011. After remaining in coma for over six months, she died at a hospital in Cuttack on June 21, 2012.
The incident triggered statewide furore and resulted in one minister in the Naveen Patnaik cabinet resigning from his post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah