Pipili gangrape victim`s father deposes before probe panel
Cuttack: Father of the Pipili gang rape and murder victim on Saturday deposed before the Justice Mohanty Commission inquiring into the crime.
Babuli Behera appeared before the Justice PK Mohanty Commission of Enquiry at its 50th sitting, and he will be cross-examined from tomorrow, sources said.
The 19-year-old Dalit girl, of Pipili in Odisha`s Puri district, was gangraped and strangulated by miscreants in November 2011. After remaining in coma for over six months, she died at a hospital in Cuttack on June 21, 2012.
The incident triggered statewide furore and resulted in one minister in the Naveen Patnaik cabinet resigning from his post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview