Pipili MLA files affidavit before probe panel
Cuttack: Former Odisha minister and BJD MLA Pradeep Maharathy on Wednesday denied before an enquiry commission that he had any role in the sensational Pipili rape and murder case over which he was forced to quit the state cabinet early this year.
In an affidavit filed before Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Enquiry probing the alleged rape and murder of a 19-year-old dalit girl, the Pipili MLA blamed a media house for dragging his name into the incident for political vendetta.
The Commission had issued notice to the lawmaker to file the affidavit following a petition filed by an advocate and witness Nishikant Mishra.
Along with the lawmaker, state home secretary and state DGP also filed their respective affidavits before the panel as was directed by the Commission earlier this month.
With these affidavits, the Commission by now has received 66 affidavits, commission sources said adding the next sitting of the Commission is fixed on November 16.
The Commission has also issued notices for the second time to a local tractor driver and two helpers asking them to file their affidavits before it.
The driver and the helpers of Arjungoda village of Pipili were claimed to have seen for the first time the victim lying in a paddy field in semi-nude and unconscious state in the morning of November 29, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter