Pipili probe panel issues notices to doctors
Cuttack: The Justice PK Mohanty Commission probing the sensational Pipili rape and murder case has issued notices to three doctors of the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
The doctors had examined the Dalit girl to ascertain if she was raped on November 29 last year, the day she was found in a half naked and unconscious state from a deserted field.
The Commission of inquiry, on the basis of affidavits received from witnesses, yesterday issued notices to the three doctors to put forth their point of view on the matter.
The three doctors on the requisition of Pipili Police had examined the 19-year-old girl on January 10, 2012, at least 42 days after the incident and had ruled out that the girl was raped.
The crime branch police who took up the case after that had also made a requisition to SCB medical college and hospital doctors here for a similar test.
But when the victim’s guardians did not give consent for the test, the crime branch police requisitioned services of experts from AIIMS, New Delhi and the medical examination was conducted in the last week of January after obtaining the consent from the victim’s father with much difficulty.
Experts from New Delhi were unable to give a clear picture on the contentious issue as by the time they examined the victim, it was too late to give a conclusive view.
Meanwhile, the Commission also received affidavits of statement filed by the then Superintendent of Police in Puri A N Sinha. On the other hand, the then Pipili SDPO sought at least one month time to file his affidavit. But the Commission turned down his plea and asked him to file the affidavit positively by August 10.
Similarly, in response to an application alleging that the Commissionerate police had "hijacked" the body of the victim after her death on June 21, the Cuttack-Bhubaneswar police commissioner Sunil Kumar Ray yesterday filed an affidavit in a sealed cover before the Commission.
The Commission also directed the Stare government to submit the post mortem report of the victim before it soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?