Pipili probe panel to decide on Dec 21 on CM`s affidavit
Cuttack: The Justice PK Mohanty Commission, probing the alleged rape and murder of a teenage girl at Pipili, will decide on December 21 whether to ask Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to file an affidavit before the panel in his capacity as the Odisha home minister.
Asking the petitioner`s counsel Nishikant Mishra to file his rejoinder to the State government affidavit, the Commission in its 17th sitting yesterday said it will hear the case and take a decision on the contentious issue on that day.
Mishra had in a petition urged the Commission to append the chief minister and ask him to file an affidavit under the Commission of Enquiry Act.
The state government had, however, objected to Mishra`s prayer saying it was not required as several officers including the home secretary, police DG and many other policemen have filed affidavits before the Commission.
The Commission directed the state health secretary to produce guidelines, if any by the government to deal as per law with the medico-legal cases. The guidelines are required as some doctors are to be summoned for testifying before it as part of the inquiry.
Testifying before the panel forensic officer Sujan Kumar Das said he had conducted the polygraph test of all the four accused arrested in the case as per the requisitions of the investigating police officer.
Former SP of Puri AN Sinha and Pipili sub-divisional police officer Rajkishore Rout did not turn up for their depositions and sought a later date, which were allowed by the Commission.
The Commission also issued summons to Pipili tehsildar Abani Kanta Patnaik, Pipili hospital medical officer JB Patnaik and another forensic officer Abhiram Behera to appear before it on December 21 for their depositions and cross-examinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users