Pipili rape case: Judicial Commission visits spot
Puri: Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Inquiry probing into the sensational Pipili rape case on Sunday made an on the spot inquiry after over five months of the incident.
Accompanied by investigating officers of the Crime Branch, local police, Justice Mohanty visited Arjundaga village under Pipili police station area. "We wanted to see the spot where the girl was allegedly raped and a bid was made to kill her," Justice Mohanty told reporters.
Justice Mohanty also said that the visit would help him to establish fact after recording statements of different persons. "Circumstantial evidence may help the commission to come a conclusion," he said.
The 19-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped and attempts were made to murder her at the paddy field outside Arjungada village on November 29, 2011. The victim was still in coma and struggling for life at the ICU of SCB Medical College Hospital in Cuttack.
Meanwhile, four persons had been arrested and a police officer of Pipili police station was dismissed from government service for not registering complaint of the victim`s family. Three doctors who attended the girl at Pipili and Capital Hospital, were also suspended on different charges.
While Justice Mohanty had been probing into the matter, the Orissa High Court had been monitoring the investigation and treatment of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!