Pipili rape case: second chargesheet submitted
Bhubaneswar: Odisha crime branch police probing the Pipili rape case on Wednesday filed the second charge sheet against two other arrested persons.
The crime branch submitted the second charge sheet at the court of Judicial Magistrate, First Class (JMFC), Pipili, against Gurna Chandra Swain and Premananda Nayak. The first charge sheet was filed against Prashant Pradhan alias Pasei on Saturday.
The duo were chargesheeted under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of IPC and several other charges under SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Stating that the condition of the 19-year-old remained unchanged, the Crime branch said it was open to examine the victim when she was able to give statement and the case is also open to examine criminal liability of local police and doctors who allegedly tried to screen the accused and neglected in providing proper treatment to the victim.
The alleged rape and attempt to murder victim had been struggling for survival at the ICU of SCB Medical College Hospital in Cutack after attack on her on November 29, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt