Pipili rape case: second chargesheet submitted
Bhubaneswar: Odisha crime branch police probing the Pipili rape case on Wednesday filed the second charge sheet against two other arrested persons.
The crime branch submitted the second charge sheet at the court of Judicial Magistrate, First Class (JMFC), Pipili, against Gurna Chandra Swain and Premananda Nayak. The first charge sheet was filed against Prashant Pradhan alias Pasei on Saturday.
The duo were chargesheeted under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of IPC and several other charges under SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Stating that the condition of the 19-year-old remained unchanged, the Crime branch said it was open to examine the victim when she was able to give statement and the case is also open to examine criminal liability of local police and doctors who allegedly tried to screen the accused and neglected in providing proper treatment to the victim.
The alleged rape and attempt to murder victim had been struggling for survival at the ICU of SCB Medical College Hospital in Cutack after attack on her on November 29, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report