Pipili rape victim condition static: Med College
Cuttack: SCB medical college and hospital
authorities on Wednesday informed Orissa High Court that the
condition of Pipili rape victim is static and the treatment
management in the Cuttack hospital is same as that of AIIMs in
Hospital superintendent in an affidavit mentioned that
the patient is not responding to verbal command but is
sluggishly reacting to light. Although she has slight fever,
her blood pressure, respiration and urine output is "normal".
It was also pointed out in the report that the patient
was examined by former director of Nimhans Dr Bhawani Shankar
Das and she is now being given music therapy under the
supervision of an expert.
The doctors of Cuttack hospital also held a video
conferencing with a neurology expert of AIIMS on January
19 and it was decided that the same treatment management shall
continue with an advice of doing MRI and EEG test of the
patient after seven days, the report said.
Taking note of the report of the Hospital, the Division
Bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice B N
Mohapatra asked the government to continue the treatment as
per the advice of the experts and further directed that the
hospital shall file another status report on February 7 when
the matter would come up for hearing.
The crime branch of police also submitted its status
report on the ongoing investigation into the alleged rape
incident. It said all the four FIR-named accused have been
arrested and they are now in judicial custody.
The crime branch police also informed the court that the
key accused in the case was subjected to polygraph test under
"Efforts are on to subject remaining three accused to
polygraph test after taking necessary court permission," the
crime branch report said.
The government counsel on the other hand informed the
court that action has been taken against police officials for
dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...