Pipili rape victim condition static: Med College
Cuttack: SCB medical college and hospital
authorities on Wednesday informed Orissa High Court that the
condition of Pipili rape victim is static and the treatment
management in the Cuttack hospital is same as that of AIIMs in
Hospital superintendent in an affidavit mentioned that
the patient is not responding to verbal command but is
sluggishly reacting to light. Although she has slight fever,
her blood pressure, respiration and urine output is "normal".
It was also pointed out in the report that the patient
was examined by former director of Nimhans Dr Bhawani Shankar
Das and she is now being given music therapy under the
supervision of an expert.
The doctors of Cuttack hospital also held a video
conferencing with a neurology expert of AIIMS on January
19 and it was decided that the same treatment management shall
continue with an advice of doing MRI and EEG test of the
patient after seven days, the report said.
Taking note of the report of the Hospital, the Division
Bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice B N
Mohapatra asked the government to continue the treatment as
per the advice of the experts and further directed that the
hospital shall file another status report on February 7 when
the matter would come up for hearing.
The crime branch of police also submitted its status
report on the ongoing investigation into the alleged rape
incident. It said all the four FIR-named accused have been
arrested and they are now in judicial custody.
The crime branch police also informed the court that the
key accused in the case was subjected to polygraph test under
"Efforts are on to subject remaining three accused to
polygraph test after taking necessary court permission," the
crime branch report said.
The government counsel on the other hand informed the
court that action has been taken against police officials for
dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you