Pipli gang rape case: Enquiry Commission seeks state govt`s views
Cuttack: Probing into the sensational Pipli gang rape and murder case, the Justice P K Mohanty Commission of Enquiry on Thursday sought the state government`s views within three weeks as to why the state Home Minister (Naveen Patnaik) shall not file an affidavit before the Commission.
Today`s notice came after the Commission rejected an affidavit filed by a government counsel in which it was stated there was no need for the home minister to file any affidavit before the Commission.
In its 49th sitting on the day, the Commission also recorded the statements of Dr Durgesh Saw, who as a PG student had first examined the victim in the SCB medical college and hospital here.
The Commission further decided that the recording of statements of the remaining doctors was not needed.
The Commission has fixed January 18 for the next hearing when the victim`s father has been summoned to record his statements, informed his counsel Nishikant Mishra.
Mishra had earlier made the application before the Commission seeking an affidavit from the home minister, the department is held by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, to file an affidavit.
The state government counsel, however, had filed the affidavit stating there was no necessity seeking an affidavit from the home minister when the home secretary and the DGP have filed affidavits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday