Pipli rape: Chargesheet against dismissed cop
Bhubaneswar: A charge sheet was on Friday filed against a dismissed police inspector for criminal liability in the Pipli rape case of a 19-year-old Dalit girl in Odisha`s Puri district.
The charge sheet against dismissed inspector Amulya Kumar Champatiray was submitted by the state police`s Crime Branch in the court of judicial magistrate at Pipili under SC & ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Champatiray, who was officiating as inspector in-charge at the Pipili police station when the incident took place on November 28 last year, had allegedly neglected the offence committed against the girl.
Due to the alleged negligence of the inspector, prompt police action and consequent medical treatment could not be provided to the victim.
Four persons have been arrested for the alleged rape of the girl at Arjungada village. The victim was transferred from one hospital to another and was later administered anti-venom medicine after which she slipped into coma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug