Pipli rape: Chargesheet against dismissed cop
Bhubaneswar: A charge sheet was on Friday filed against a dismissed police inspector for criminal liability in the Pipli rape case of a 19-year-old Dalit girl in Odisha`s Puri district.
The charge sheet against dismissed inspector Amulya Kumar Champatiray was submitted by the state police`s Crime Branch in the court of judicial magistrate at Pipili under SC & ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Champatiray, who was officiating as inspector in-charge at the Pipili police station when the incident took place on November 28 last year, had allegedly neglected the offence committed against the girl.
Due to the alleged negligence of the inspector, prompt police action and consequent medical treatment could not be provided to the victim.
Four persons have been arrested for the alleged rape of the girl at Arjungada village. The victim was transferred from one hospital to another and was later administered anti-venom medicine after which she slipped into coma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan