Pipli rape: Chargesheet against dismissed cop
Bhubaneswar: A charge sheet was on Friday filed against a dismissed police inspector for criminal liability in the Pipli rape case of a 19-year-old Dalit girl in Odisha`s Puri district.
The charge sheet against dismissed inspector Amulya Kumar Champatiray was submitted by the state police`s Crime Branch in the court of judicial magistrate at Pipili under SC & ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Champatiray, who was officiating as inspector in-charge at the Pipili police station when the incident took place on November 28 last year, had allegedly neglected the offence committed against the girl.
Due to the alleged negligence of the inspector, prompt police action and consequent medical treatment could not be provided to the victim.
Four persons have been arrested for the alleged rape of the girl at Arjungada village. The victim was transferred from one hospital to another and was later administered anti-venom medicine after which she slipped into coma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video