Pipli rape: IO says first informant not examined
Cuttack: The Investigating Officer (IO) in the sensational Pipili rape and murder case on Friday told Justice PK Mohanty Commission of Enquiry that the first informant in the incident had not been examined by police.
During cross examination of IO RC Sethy, a DSP rank officer of crime branch police, it was found that the crime branch police did not examine the first informant of the case, a tractor driver of the locality, who first told the villagers on the day of the incident that a girl was lying semi-nude in a deserted place near river bank.
When asked by the counsel of the victim’s family Akshaya Nanda as to why the crime branch police did not examine the tractor driver, the IO said the complainant did not produce the tractor driver before the police.
Similarly, the IO also during cross examination said that he had not visited the Ghatikia village even once where the victim was staying after she was denied treatment at the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Moreover, the crime branch police also did not examine Dr J B Patnaik of Capital Hospital, who first received the patient in the Hospital and did not follow the guidelines required to treat medico-legal case. Even Dr Patnaik’s name doesn’t appear in any of the four chargesheets the crime branch has filed till date in the case.
The IO was also cross examined on the day by the counsel of National SC and ST Commission Haladhar Sethy. Further cross examination of the IO would be held on June 10 during which three more counsel would quiz him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested