Playback singer Trupti Das, actor Mihir Das join BJD
Bhubaneswar: Three more Odia film personalities including renowned playback singer Trupti Das today joined the ruling BJD ahead of the general elections.
While actors Mihir Das and Satyaki Mishra announced their joining the BJD at Naveen Niwas, Trupti Das also become part of the ruling party.
"I am delighted that Mihir Das, Trupti Das and Sataki Mishra have joined the BJD. I hope they will be assets for the party," BJD president and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik told reporters.
Prior to this, veteran Odia film actors Prashant Nanda (now a BJD MLA), Siddhant Mohapatra (now a BJD MP), Anubhav Mohanty and Papu had joined BJD, while Bijay Mohanty and Aparajita Mohanty joined the Congress.
Two well known actors like Sritam Das and Pinky Pradhan have also joined the BJP. With all the three major political parties now armed with popular cine stars, political observers feel the ensuing elections will witness clashes among the stars.
"I do not know whether I will be a candidate in the ensuing elections. I will do what the party decides," Trupti Das said adding she wanted to do something for women.
Mihir Das claimed he joined the BJD as he hailed from a family associated with non-Congress politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened