PLFI Odisha head arrested
Rourkela: The head of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Odisha and his associate were arrested on Saturday from Rajgangpur district.
Bijayakanth alias Chhotu and his associate Rajesh Tirkey were arrested after a brief encounter from Lodhabasa forest, Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Y K Jethwa said.
Two country-made pistols, eight rounds of ammunition, five mobile phones, four SIM cards, a PLFI leaflet and a camera were seized, he said.
Bijayakant was allegedly involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh, a contractor and local BJD leader in Rajgangur area.
Last month 11 PLFI members were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city