PLFI Odisha head arrested
Rourkela: The head of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Odisha and his associate were arrested on Saturday from Rajgangpur district.
Bijayakanth alias Chhotu and his associate Rajesh Tirkey were arrested after a brief encounter from Lodhabasa forest, Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Y K Jethwa said.
Two country-made pistols, eight rounds of ammunition, five mobile phones, four SIM cards, a PLFI leaflet and a camera were seized, he said.
Bijayakant was allegedly involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh, a contractor and local BJD leader in Rajgangur area.
Last month 11 PLFI members were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB