PLFI Odisha head arrested
Rourkela: The head of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Odisha and his associate were arrested on Saturday from Rajgangpur district.
Bijayakanth alias Chhotu and his associate Rajesh Tirkey were arrested after a brief encounter from Lodhabasa forest, Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Y K Jethwa said.
Two country-made pistols, eight rounds of ammunition, five mobile phones, four SIM cards, a PLFI leaflet and a camera were seized, he said.
Bijayakant was allegedly involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh, a contractor and local BJD leader in Rajgangur area.
Last month 11 PLFI members were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump