PLFI Odisha head arrested
Rourkela: The head of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Odisha and his associate were arrested on Saturday from Rajgangpur district.
Bijayakanth alias Chhotu and his associate Rajesh Tirkey were arrested after a brief encounter from Lodhabasa forest, Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Y K Jethwa said.
Two country-made pistols, eight rounds of ammunition, five mobile phones, four SIM cards, a PLFI leaflet and a camera were seized, he said.
Bijayakant was allegedly involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh, a contractor and local BJD leader in Rajgangur area.
Last month 11 PLFI members were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!