PLFI Odisha head arrested
Rourkela: The head of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Odisha and his associate were arrested on Saturday from Rajgangpur district.
Bijayakanth alias Chhotu and his associate Rajesh Tirkey were arrested after a brief encounter from Lodhabasa forest, Inspector General of Police (Western Range) Y K Jethwa said.
Two country-made pistols, eight rounds of ammunition, five mobile phones, four SIM cards, a PLFI leaflet and a camera were seized, he said.
Bijayakant was allegedly involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh, a contractor and local BJD leader in Rajgangur area.
Last month 11 PLFI members were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui