PM Modi sanctions Rs 2 lakh each to Odisha hospital fire victims' families
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday sanctioned an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of those killed in the Odisha hospital fire.
An official release said Rs 50,000 will be given to those with serious injuries in Monday's fire at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar.
The money was given from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund.
Earlier during the day, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik too announced an ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh to each bereaved family.
The state government had announced free treatment for rescued patients undergoing treatment in different hospitals in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Twenty one people were killed in the SUM Hospital fire incident. Over 100 patients are undergoing treatment in various hospitals in the twin cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM