Police bust chain snatching racket in Odisha
Berhampur: With the arrest of six persons and recovery of gold ornaments, police on Saturday claimed to have busted a chain-snatching racket in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
The recovered gold ornaments including mangal sutra, necklace and chains had been snatched from different places of the town in the last one-and-a-half month, said Inspector in charge of town police station S S Mohapatra.
The six persons arrested yesterday included three snatchers and three receivers, including two jewellery shop owners and a goldsmith, he said.
The chain snatchers were identified as Kishor Behera alias Timpa of Neheru Nagar, P. Murali and Bulu Mohapatra of Prem Nagar area, he added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today