Police declare reward for info on rape accused
Balasore (Odisha): A day after an alleged
gangrape victim from Odisha`s Balasore district petitioned the
State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) seeking arrest of the
culprits, police on Sunday declared Rs 5,000 to Rs 25,000 cash
rewards for information on them.
"Since all the accused persons against whom cases have
been registered are absconding for long, cash rewards from Rs
5,000 to Rs 25,000 will be awarded for correct information on
them while search operation for them is on," Balasore district
superintendent of police Rajesh Kumar said.
Non-bailable warrants had been issued against the accused
while steps are being taken for attachment of their property,
the SP said,.
The 22 year-old girl from Balasore district had yesterday
claimed that she had been gang-raped and moved SHRC seeking
arrest of accused persons.
"Though I have lodged an FIR at Khaira Police Station in
Balasore on November 3, 2011, police have not taken any action
against the culprits," the girl had told reporters here after
submitting a petition with the chairman of SHRC.
The girl said that she was kidnapped by two persons from
her village on September 25, 2011 and raped by another two in
a nearby jungle.
To a query, the girl said she delayed in lodging the FIR
due to threat from the accused. "They had threatened to kill
me and my father if I dared to make any complaint."
"While one person was forcing himself upon me, another
captured pictures in his mobile," she said recounting the
The victim, however, went to the police station on
November 3, 2011 after a mobile clip showing her in a disrobed
condition, allegedly circulated by the accused, were seen by
her family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’