Police detain 150 JMM, BJP activists for opposing Naveen
Baripada (Odisha): Police on Monday detained over 150 JMM and BJP supporters when they were protesting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s visit to Mayurbhanj district by showing black flags.
A section of BJP women wing activists demonstrated with black flag before the motorcade of the Chief Minister at Takatpur Chhak when he was on the way to inaugurate a 200-bed newly constructed hostel for tribal girls of MPC Autonomous College at Takatpur.
The protestors were led by Udala NAC Chairperson Premalata Jena and former District BJP Vice President Suman Sing and Subhabati Otta.
A rally was also organised by JMM to oppose the tour of the Chief Minister. It was led by District JMM president Bhadav Hansda, party`s state spokesperson Krushnananda Mahanty and Youth Morcha President Rajiv Jena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred