Police detain 150 JMM, BJP activists for opposing Naveen
Baripada (Odisha): Police on Monday detained over 150 JMM and BJP supporters when they were protesting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s visit to Mayurbhanj district by showing black flags.
A section of BJP women wing activists demonstrated with black flag before the motorcade of the Chief Minister at Takatpur Chhak when he was on the way to inaugurate a 200-bed newly constructed hostel for tribal girls of MPC Autonomous College at Takatpur.
The protestors were led by Udala NAC Chairperson Premalata Jena and former District BJP Vice President Suman Sing and Subhabati Otta.
A rally was also organised by JMM to oppose the tour of the Chief Minister. It was led by District JMM president Bhadav Hansda, party`s state spokesperson Krushnananda Mahanty and Youth Morcha President Rajiv Jena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert