Police detain 150 JMM, BJP activists for opposing Naveen
Baripada (Odisha): Police on Monday detained over 150 JMM and BJP supporters when they were protesting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s visit to Mayurbhanj district by showing black flags.
A section of BJP women wing activists demonstrated with black flag before the motorcade of the Chief Minister at Takatpur Chhak when he was on the way to inaugurate a 200-bed newly constructed hostel for tribal girls of MPC Autonomous College at Takatpur.
The protestors were led by Udala NAC Chairperson Premalata Jena and former District BJP Vice President Suman Sing and Subhabati Otta.
A rally was also organised by JMM to oppose the tour of the Chief Minister. It was led by District JMM president Bhadav Hansda, party`s state spokesperson Krushnananda Mahanty and Youth Morcha President Rajiv Jena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air