Police file fresh status report on lawyer`s assault case
Cuttack: The police have informed Orissa High Court that it has identified the remaining two persons who had allegedly assaulted a city-based lawyer.
The police had earlier arrested four persons in the case and they have been remanded to judicial custody.
Submitting a fresh status report pertaining to the investigation into the advocate assault case yesterday, the police sought at least 10 more days to apprehend the absconding accused persons.
Advocate Ishawar Chandra Das and his son were attacked last month at Chahata Nagar locality of the city, which triggered a state-wide agitation of lawyers.
Converting a resolution passed by Orissa High Court Bar Association into a writ petition, a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has been monitoring the police investigations into the case.
Asking the police to act sincerely and file the charge sheet in the case soon, the High Court granted the police prayer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review