Police file fresh status report on lawyer`s assault case
Cuttack: The police have informed Orissa High Court that it has identified the remaining two persons who had allegedly assaulted a city-based lawyer.
The police had earlier arrested four persons in the case and they have been remanded to judicial custody.
Submitting a fresh status report pertaining to the investigation into the advocate assault case yesterday, the police sought at least 10 more days to apprehend the absconding accused persons.
Advocate Ishawar Chandra Das and his son were attacked last month at Chahata Nagar locality of the city, which triggered a state-wide agitation of lawyers.
Converting a resolution passed by Orissa High Court Bar Association into a writ petition, a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has been monitoring the police investigations into the case.
Asking the police to act sincerely and file the charge sheet in the case soon, the High Court granted the police prayer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter