Police file fresh status report on lawyer`s assault case
Cuttack: The police have informed Orissa High Court that it has identified the remaining two persons who had allegedly assaulted a city-based lawyer.
The police had earlier arrested four persons in the case and they have been remanded to judicial custody.
Submitting a fresh status report pertaining to the investigation into the advocate assault case yesterday, the police sought at least 10 more days to apprehend the absconding accused persons.
Advocate Ishawar Chandra Das and his son were attacked last month at Chahata Nagar locality of the city, which triggered a state-wide agitation of lawyers.
Converting a resolution passed by Orissa High Court Bar Association into a writ petition, a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has been monitoring the police investigations into the case.
Asking the police to act sincerely and file the charge sheet in the case soon, the High Court granted the police prayer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore