Police file fresh status report on lawyer`s assault case
Cuttack: The police have informed Orissa High Court that it has identified the remaining two persons who had allegedly assaulted a city-based lawyer.
The police had earlier arrested four persons in the case and they have been remanded to judicial custody.
Submitting a fresh status report pertaining to the investigation into the advocate assault case yesterday, the police sought at least 10 more days to apprehend the absconding accused persons.
Advocate Ishawar Chandra Das and his son were attacked last month at Chahata Nagar locality of the city, which triggered a state-wide agitation of lawyers.
Converting a resolution passed by Orissa High Court Bar Association into a writ petition, a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has been monitoring the police investigations into the case.
Asking the police to act sincerely and file the charge sheet in the case soon, the High Court granted the police prayer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued