Police file fresh status report on lawyer`s assault case
Cuttack: The police have informed Orissa High Court that it has identified the remaining two persons who had allegedly assaulted a city-based lawyer.
The police had earlier arrested four persons in the case and they have been remanded to judicial custody.
Submitting a fresh status report pertaining to the investigation into the advocate assault case yesterday, the police sought at least 10 more days to apprehend the absconding accused persons.
Advocate Ishawar Chandra Das and his son were attacked last month at Chahata Nagar locality of the city, which triggered a state-wide agitation of lawyers.
Converting a resolution passed by Orissa High Court Bar Association into a writ petition, a Division Bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda has been monitoring the police investigations into the case.
Asking the police to act sincerely and file the charge sheet in the case soon, the High Court granted the police prayer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother