Police havildar commits suicide in Odisha
Baripada (Odisha): A havildar of Odisha police allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his rifle here on Sunday, police said.
Gopal Chandra Ghosh (54), who was on duty at the official residence of Mayurbhanj district collector Rajesh Pravakar Patil, triggered the bullet that pierced through his neck, Superintendent of police Nikhil Kanodia said.
Ghosh is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Family problem was suspected to be the reason behind the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!
- Life beyond cricket: Humanist Rohit Sharma visits orphanage after IPL stint