Police havildar commits suicide in Odisha
Baripada (Odisha): A havildar of Odisha police allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his rifle here on Sunday, police said.
Gopal Chandra Ghosh (54), who was on duty at the official residence of Mayurbhanj district collector Rajesh Pravakar Patil, triggered the bullet that pierced through his neck, Superintendent of police Nikhil Kanodia said.
Ghosh is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Family problem was suspected to be the reason behind the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars