Police home guard shot dead by Maoists in Odisha
Bargarh (Odisha):Apparently in a bid spread terror ahead of Independence Day, a police home guard was shot dead by Maoists in Odisha`s Bargarh district, police said on Tuesday.
About 40 armed Maoists reached Majhipalli village under Paikamal police station, about 10 km from here, last night and four of them dragged the home guard Narayan Suna (46) out after barging into his house.
Even as his family members including old mother were screaming for help, the ultras shot him on chest and pierced their bayonet through the body killing him on the spot, IIC, Paikamal, Jyosabant Padhani, said.
After having their dinner, Suna`s family was watching TV when the whole incident unfolded, sources said.
Before leaving the village, the slogan shouting ultras had left posters which stated that they were observing `Black Week` in view of the Independence Day. They also demanded halt of combing operation against the ultras.
Inquiry into the incident was continuing and combing operation in the nearby area had been intensified, the sources said adding the body was sent to the hospital at Padampur for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning