Police Inspector killed in Orissa ahead of CM’s visit
Berhampur (Orissa): The in-charge of a
police station in Orissa`s Ganjam district was shot dead by
unidentified assailants, ahead of Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik`s scheduled visit to the area, police said on Saturday.
The bullet-riddled body of Manoranjan Mishra (35),
Inspector in-charge (IIC) of Sheragada police station, was
found from Takarada area this morning, Deputy Inspector
General of Police (Southern Range) RK Sharma said.
Mishra was shot dead apparently when he was returning to
his house at Hinjili from Sheragada on a motor-cycle last
night, Sharma said, adding that the two-wheeler was also found
near the body.
Additional police force has been sent to the spot and
police in nearby areas have been alerted, Sharma said.
The killing came on the eve of Chief Minister`s visit to
the area which falls under his Assembly constituency of
Hinjili, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron