Police Inspector killed in Orissa ahead of CM’s visit
Berhampur (Orissa): The in-charge of a
police station in Orissa`s Ganjam district was shot dead by
unidentified assailants, ahead of Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik`s scheduled visit to the area, police said on Saturday.
The bullet-riddled body of Manoranjan Mishra (35),
Inspector in-charge (IIC) of Sheragada police station, was
found from Takarada area this morning, Deputy Inspector
General of Police (Southern Range) RK Sharma said.
Mishra was shot dead apparently when he was returning to
his house at Hinjili from Sheragada on a motor-cycle last
night, Sharma said, adding that the two-wheeler was also found
near the body.
Additional police force has been sent to the spot and
police in nearby areas have been alerted, Sharma said.
The killing came on the eve of Chief Minister`s visit to
the area which falls under his Assembly constituency of
Hinjili, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report