Police Inspector killed in Orissa ahead of CM’s visit
Berhampur (Orissa): The in-charge of a
police station in Orissa`s Ganjam district was shot dead by
unidentified assailants, ahead of Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik`s scheduled visit to the area, police said on Saturday.
The bullet-riddled body of Manoranjan Mishra (35),
Inspector in-charge (IIC) of Sheragada police station, was
found from Takarada area this morning, Deputy Inspector
General of Police (Southern Range) RK Sharma said.
Mishra was shot dead apparently when he was returning to
his house at Hinjili from Sheragada on a motor-cycle last
night, Sharma said, adding that the two-wheeler was also found
near the body.
Additional police force has been sent to the spot and
police in nearby areas have been alerted, Sharma said.
The killing came on the eve of Chief Minister`s visit to
the area which falls under his Assembly constituency of
Hinjili, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test