Police moves court for identification parade of rape accused
Bhubaneswar: The police have sought permission of the court for an identification parade of the four persons accused of gang-raping a 19-year-old girl here on December 19.
"We have moved the court seeking permission to conduct a test identification parade (TI) of the four accused arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape," Additional Commissioner of Police Nihar Ranjan Das said on Saturday.
Though four of the alleged perpetrators have been arrested and remanded to judicial custody, another was absconding.
The girl was gang-raped on Wednesday night while she was returning home here after a dance session at a hotel.
Meanwhile, members of the All India Democratic Womens Association, members of civil societies, students of the Biju Patnaik University of Technology and technical colleges took out rallies to demand justice for the victim.
"We demand stringent punishment for the rapists both in Delhi and Bhubaneswar," AIDWA leader Tapasi Praharaj said.
Nivedita Samal, a participant in the rally, said "We demand capital punishment for those involved in gang-rape."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!