Police moves court for identification parade of rape accused
Bhubaneswar: The police have sought permission of the court for an identification parade of the four persons accused of gang-raping a 19-year-old girl here on December 19.
"We have moved the court seeking permission to conduct a test identification parade (TI) of the four accused arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape," Additional Commissioner of Police Nihar Ranjan Das said on Saturday.
Though four of the alleged perpetrators have been arrested and remanded to judicial custody, another was absconding.
The girl was gang-raped on Wednesday night while she was returning home here after a dance session at a hotel.
Meanwhile, members of the All India Democratic Womens Association, members of civil societies, students of the Biju Patnaik University of Technology and technical colleges took out rallies to demand justice for the victim.
"We demand stringent punishment for the rapists both in Delhi and Bhubaneswar," AIDWA leader Tapasi Praharaj said.
Nivedita Samal, a participant in the rally, said "We demand capital punishment for those involved in gang-rape."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs