Police raid in Posco violence case
Paradip: Police on Sunday raided the
office of a functionary of a private company assigned to
construct the coastal road connecting the port town with
POSCO`s proposed plant site.
The raid followed an FIR which accused the man of
being the instigator of the December-14 clash between the
anti-Posco brigade and the contractor group leaving one dead
and 25 injured.
The FIR was filed by one Mounabati Das, an activist of
the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti.
Police have already arrested a local Congress leader
Jayant Biswal in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'