Police raid in Posco violence case
Paradip: Police on Sunday raided the
office of a functionary of a private company assigned to
construct the coastal road connecting the port town with
POSCO`s proposed plant site.
The raid followed an FIR which accused the man of
being the instigator of the December-14 clash between the
anti-Posco brigade and the contractor group leaving one dead
and 25 injured.
The FIR was filed by one Mounabati Das, an activist of
the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti.
Police have already arrested a local Congress leader
Jayant Biswal in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch