Police recover body of kidnapped boy, 5 held
Kendrapara (Odisha): The body of a 11-year-old school boy, kidnapped for ransom on March 4, was found on the river bank here on Thursday, while five youths were arrested.
"The body of the boy, from Praharajpur village near Pattamudai town, was retrieved in a decomposed state on the bank of Hansina river," Superintendent of Police (Kendrapara) Sarthak Sadangi said.
"The kidnappers killed the boy and threw the body into the river," Sadangi said.
He said that ransom was the sole motive and the fear of getting caught made the kidnappers kill the boy.
The youths were caught after tracking the calls from their mobile phones made to the family, he said.
The arrested youths were identified as Siba Prasad Rout, Sujit Pradhan, Sai Prasad Patra, Dipu Pradhan and Ashok Mallick.
The boy was picked up from Praharajpur village by Sujit Pradhan, who was known to him.
Later Pradhan was joined by the four others who made calls to the boy`s family demanding ransom of Rs 5 lakh from the victim`s father who is a plumber based in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security