Police recover body of kidnapped boy, 5 held
Kendrapara (Odisha): The body of a 11-year-old school boy, kidnapped for ransom on March 4, was found on the river bank here on Thursday, while five youths were arrested.
"The body of the boy, from Praharajpur village near Pattamudai town, was retrieved in a decomposed state on the bank of Hansina river," Superintendent of Police (Kendrapara) Sarthak Sadangi said.
"The kidnappers killed the boy and threw the body into the river," Sadangi said.
He said that ransom was the sole motive and the fear of getting caught made the kidnappers kill the boy.
The youths were caught after tracking the calls from their mobile phones made to the family, he said.
The arrested youths were identified as Siba Prasad Rout, Sujit Pradhan, Sai Prasad Patra, Dipu Pradhan and Ashok Mallick.
The boy was picked up from Praharajpur village by Sujit Pradhan, who was known to him.
Later Pradhan was joined by the four others who made calls to the boy`s family demanding ransom of Rs 5 lakh from the victim`s father who is a plumber based in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi