Police recover body of kidnapped boy, 5 held
Kendrapara (Odisha): The body of a 11-year-old school boy, kidnapped for ransom on March 4, was found on the river bank here on Thursday, while five youths were arrested.
"The body of the boy, from Praharajpur village near Pattamudai town, was retrieved in a decomposed state on the bank of Hansina river," Superintendent of Police (Kendrapara) Sarthak Sadangi said.
"The kidnappers killed the boy and threw the body into the river," Sadangi said.
He said that ransom was the sole motive and the fear of getting caught made the kidnappers kill the boy.
The youths were caught after tracking the calls from their mobile phones made to the family, he said.
The arrested youths were identified as Siba Prasad Rout, Sujit Pradhan, Sai Prasad Patra, Dipu Pradhan and Ashok Mallick.
The boy was picked up from Praharajpur village by Sujit Pradhan, who was known to him.
Later Pradhan was joined by the four others who made calls to the boy`s family demanding ransom of Rs 5 lakh from the victim`s father who is a plumber based in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest