Policemen escape Maoist attack in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A police patrol Sunday narrowly survived two bomb blasts by Maoists in Odisha`s Malkangiri district but two cows ended up dying, police said.
The rebels had put up posters in Kalimela, about 700 km from herer, and planted improvised explosive devices. The posters called for a boycott of the Lok Sabha election.
The devices exploded when the police patrol was returning after removing the posters, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh told IANS.
Maoists are active in more than half of Odisha. Malkangiri district is their stronghold.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai