Ponzi company CMD again denied bail in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A district court on Monday rejected the bail petition of Seashore Group CMD Prashant Dash in the chitfund scam for the second time.
The bail petition was rejected by the SDJM, Koraput Ajit Patnaik.
"The court denied bail to Dash citing that investigation is under progress and a large number of investors are involved in the case," said TN Murty, counsel of Dash.
Dash, who was accused of duping lakhs of guilble investors of about Rs 1,000 crore across the state, was arrested from Mumbai on June 19 in a case against him at Semiliguda police station in the district on June 6.
Dash was produced before the SDJM of Korpaut on June 23 and the court had rejected his bail plea on June 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi