Ponzi company CMD again denied bail in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A district court on Monday rejected the bail petition of Seashore Group CMD Prashant Dash in the chitfund scam for the second time.
The bail petition was rejected by the SDJM, Koraput Ajit Patnaik.
"The court denied bail to Dash citing that investigation is under progress and a large number of investors are involved in the case," said TN Murty, counsel of Dash.
Dash, who was accused of duping lakhs of guilble investors of about Rs 1,000 crore across the state, was arrested from Mumbai on June 19 in a case against him at Semiliguda police station in the district on June 6.
Dash was produced before the SDJM of Korpaut on June 23 and the court had rejected his bail plea on June 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional