Ponzi firm`s Odisha head arrested
Bhubaneswar: The state head of a Gujarat-based ponzi firm was arrested as also three directors of Artha Tatwa Group for interrogation.
Subhransu Lenka, state coordinator of controversial Astha International Limited, a Surat-based money circulation company, has been arrested by the state crime branch on the charge of embezzling about Rs 500 crore from investors, DIG of Crime Branch, Rajesh Kumar said.
"We have registered a case against Lenka based on the complaint of investors. There are serious charges against him and the company. He is being interrogated," Kumar said.
Lenka will be produced in the court soon.
During interrogation, the Crime Branch would like to gather information on the involvement of others in the money circulation scheme, Kumar said.
The investigating agency would also try to dig out the investments made by the company.
Astha International had opened two offices in Bhubaneswar and Berhampur in 2010. The company, on June 5, 2012, came out with a public notice stating it had been incurring losses and would cease to function. It asked its investors to submit documents to claim their money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing