Ponzi probe panel extends deadline for receiving affidavits
Cuttack: Justice R K Patra Commission, probing the unauthorised collection of public deposits (chit funds) in Odisha, on Wednesday announced extension of the deadline for receiving affidavits to September 18 instead of August 31.
It said the notification for the extension of deadline would be given next Monday.
The Commission also clarified that anyone wishing to furnish affidavits could do so on a plain paper with a court fee of Rs three. Earlier, affidavits were filed on non-judicial stamp paper costing around Rs 20.
The Commission after issuing notification inviting affidavits on August four received around 16,500 affidavits.
Following public outcry, the state government had last month announced a judicial enquiry into the chit fund fraud and appointed former chief justice of Sikkim High Court Justice R K Patra to head the one-man Commission.
The Commission was asked to identify individuals and entities which made unauthorised collection of public deposits and ascertain involvement of influential persons in promoting such illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch