Posco clash: Senior IAS shifted from IDCO top post
Bhubaneswar: Two days after a clash at the
proposed Posco site left one person dead, senior IAS officer
Priyabrat Patnaik was on Friday shifted from the post of
Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Industrial Infrastructure
Development Corporation (IDCO).
Patnaik, a 1976 batch IAS officer, has been posted as
Additional Chief Secretary, Pension and Public Grievances
department, official sources said.
Pradip Jena, Secretary in Panchayati Raj department, has
been given the additional charge of IDCO CMD, they said.
The transfer came two days after one person was killed in
the clash between anti-Posco activists and people engaged by a
private contractor, who was awarded work by IDCO for
construction of a coastal road to link Posco project site with
Slamming the Naveen Patnaik government for the clash, all
major political parties, including opposition Congress and
BJP, were up in arms against IDCO for having awarded the road
work to a private agency without floating any tender.
Even leaders of ruling BJD, including former state
minister Damodar Rout, were highly critical of the manner in
which IDCO proceeded with the coastal road construction which
is facing stiff resistance from Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti
(PPSS) and others in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...