Posco clash: Senior IAS shifted from IDCO top post
Bhubaneswar: Two days after a clash at the
proposed Posco site left one person dead, senior IAS officer
Priyabrat Patnaik was on Friday shifted from the post of
Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Industrial Infrastructure
Development Corporation (IDCO).
Patnaik, a 1976 batch IAS officer, has been posted as
Additional Chief Secretary, Pension and Public Grievances
department, official sources said.
Pradip Jena, Secretary in Panchayati Raj department, has
been given the additional charge of IDCO CMD, they said.
The transfer came two days after one person was killed in
the clash between anti-Posco activists and people engaged by a
private contractor, who was awarded work by IDCO for
construction of a coastal road to link Posco project site with
Slamming the Naveen Patnaik government for the clash, all
major political parties, including opposition Congress and
BJP, were up in arms against IDCO for having awarded the road
work to a private agency without floating any tender.
Even leaders of ruling BJD, including former state
minister Damodar Rout, were highly critical of the manner in
which IDCO proceeded with the coastal road construction which
is facing stiff resistance from Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti
(PPSS) and others in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory