Posco urges state to expedite work at plant site
Bhubaneswar: Posco-India on Tuesday requested
the Odisha government to expedite work at the project site of
the 12 mtpa mega steel plant near Paradip.
The requested was made by a delegation of Posco-India
led by Posco-India CMD Y K Yoon and company`s Odisha project
director Y K Kim when they met Industrial Infrastructure
Development Corporation (IDCO) CMD Priyabrat Patnaik.
Yoon particularly mentioned about the work on the
approach road to the site of the Rs Rs 52,000 crore plant.
The delegation indicated they were keen to start work
over the 2,000 acre of land so far acquired for the purpose.
"We are discussing over the matter and the government is
resuming its work at the proposed project site," Kim said
after meeting the IDCO chief.
IDCO looks after the land acquisition for industrial
projects in the state.
"As the company was waiting for six years to establish
the steel facility here, they would not be very happy,"
Patnaik told reporters after meeting the delegation.
Posco-India signed an MoU with the state government on
June 22, 2005 but was unable to start work at the proposed
plant site due to stiff opposition from the local people.
The company had originally set a target of going to
first phase production of 6 mtpa steel by July 2010 or 36
months from the date of taking title of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?