Poster campaign against Maoists in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): A poster campaign, purportedly launched by a tribal outfit against Maoists in Malkangiri district, has condemned killing of tribals by the rebels, police said on Sunday.
Bearing the name of `Malkangiri Adivasi Sangh`, the posters have appeared in several remote areas of Kalimela and Padia blocks of the district since yesterday, they said.
The posters listed some killings including that of tribal village head of Darbaguda in Kalimela area, Bira Padiami in an IED explosion on July 29.
Killings of tribals like Ganga Madhi, Madan Hantal, Deba Padiami and Ganga Madkami recently were also cited by the `Sangh`. The development was being closely watched, they said.
The posters carrying messages in Odia condemned the recent killings, particularly of tribal people who were accused by the assailants of working as informers of the police, Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Several posters have appeared in remote areas like Telrai, MV-37, Kalimela Hat, Padia, Bejangwada and Gamphagonda, the SP said.
The message conveyed through the posters clearly showed that the tribals were getting increasingly disillusioned and angry with the violence being perpetrated by the Maoists in the region, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in