Postmaster arrested for diverting deposits to chit funds
Armed forces capable of safeguarding security of country: Army Chief
Postmaster Suresh Kumar Kar allegedly diverted deposits made by people to the Golden Forest chitfund company which closed its office, they said.
Kar was arrested on a complaint filed by a depositor Nrusingha Charan Mohanty, whose deposit of Rs 1.70 lakh was swindled by the chitfund company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez