Powerful landmines found in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Two powerful landmines planted by Maoists were seized by security forces from a road in a forest area in Odisha`s Koraput district, police sources said today.
The landmines, weighing about 25 kg each and targeted against security personnel, were spotted by BSF personnel and police on a road near Tanginiguda near Boipariguda police station yesterday.
"The landmines were very powerful" Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said. Police said presence of more landmines in the area could not be ruled out and search was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees