Powerful landmines found in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Two powerful landmines planted by Maoists were seized by security forces from a road in a forest area in Odisha`s Koraput district, police sources said today.
The landmines, weighing about 25 kg each and targeted against security personnel, were spotted by BSF personnel and police on a road near Tanginiguda near Boipariguda police station yesterday.
"The landmines were very powerful" Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said. Police said presence of more landmines in the area could not be ruled out and search was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan