Powerful landmines found in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Two powerful landmines planted by Maoists were seized by security forces from a road in a forest area in Odisha`s Koraput district, police sources said today.
The landmines, weighing about 25 kg each and targeted against security personnel, were spotted by BSF personnel and police on a road near Tanginiguda near Boipariguda police station yesterday.
"The landmines were very powerful" Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said. Police said presence of more landmines in the area could not be ruled out and search was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?