Powerful landmines found in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Two powerful landmines planted by Maoists were seized by security forces from a road in a forest area in Odisha`s Koraput district, police sources said today.
The landmines, weighing about 25 kg each and targeted against security personnel, were spotted by BSF personnel and police on a road near Tanginiguda near Boipariguda police station yesterday.
"The landmines were very powerful" Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said. Police said presence of more landmines in the area could not be ruled out and search was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog