Powerful landmines found in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): Two powerful landmines planted by Maoists were seized by security forces from a road in a forest area in Odisha`s Koraput district, police sources said today.
The landmines, weighing about 25 kg each and targeted against security personnel, were spotted by BSF personnel and police on a road near Tanginiguda near Boipariguda police station yesterday.
"The landmines were very powerful" Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said. Police said presence of more landmines in the area could not be ruled out and search was being made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi plays traditional Khasi drum in Meghalaya
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad