Pradip Kumar Amat is Odisha`s new Finance minister, Naveen Patnaik retains Home
Bhubaneswar: In the new council of ministers which took oath on Wednesday in Odisha,
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik retained the portfolios of Home, Water Resources, Public Works and General Administration departments and named Pradip Kumar Amat as the new Finance minister.
Amat, a law graduate and speaker of the outgoing Assembly, was earlier a minister in-charge of Steel and Mines during Patnaik`s second tenure between 2004 and 2009.
Patnaik has given sensitive Steel and Mines department to Prafulla Kumar Mallik, a first time minister.
BJD veteran Damodar Rout is given charge of Excise and Cooperation departments while Debi Prasad Mishra is Industries, School and Mass Education minister. Pipili MLA Pradip Kumar Maharathy is given Agriculture, Fisheries and Animal Resources department.
Bijayashree Routray is the new Revenue and Disaster Management minister, while Bikram Kesari Arukh is given Forest, Environment and Parliamentary Affairs.
Usha Devi continues to be minister for Women and Child Development, while additionally she has been entrusted with Planning and Coordination portfolio.
Lal Bihari Himirika retained SC, ST Development, Minority and Backward Class Development department.
Jogendra Behera, also a first timer, is minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises; Pension and Public grievance.
Badri Narayan Patra is new Rural Development minister, while Pushpendra Singhdeo has been given the department of Housing and Urban Development.
Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak is new Minister of State (Mos) (Independent) Health and Family Welfare and Information and Public Relations.
Besides Steel and Mines, Prafulla Mallick will also remain
In charge of Employees Insurance department.
Young tribal MLA from Jharigaon in Nabarangpur district, Ramesh Chandra Majhi, is new MoS (Ind) Commerce and Transport, while Sudam Marandi from Mayurbhanj district is new MoS (Ind) Sports and Youth Affairs.
Marandi as a MoS will handle Tribal Affairs under Himirika, said sources.
Arun Kumar Sahu is new MoS (Ind) Panchyati Raj and Law, while Sanjay Dasburma is new MoS (Ind) Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare, Employment and Technical Education.
Pranab Prakash Das is MoS (Ind) Energy and IT; and as MoS he will also handle Disability Welfare in department of Women and Child Development.
Pradeep Panigrahi is new MoS (Ind) Higher Education, Science and Technology. Panigrahi as MoS will handle also Rural Water supply under the Rural Development.
Ashok Panda is new MoS (Ind) Tourism and Culture, while Snehangini Chhuria is new MoS (Ind) Textiles, Handlooms and Handicrafts. Chhuria as MoS will also handle Mission Shakti under the Scheduled Caste Affairs; and Women and Child Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender