Prakash Mishra appointed as DGP, Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday appointed senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as the new Director General of Police (DGP) replacing Manmohan Praharaj after the Centre accepted the state government`s request to relieve the former who was on Central deputation, official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), is expected to join in the post of DGP, Odisha, within four days, Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here today,
Praharaj, who was posted as the DGP since 2008, had been posted as the director general, home guards and fire service, the post which was laying vacant after retirement of BB Mohanty.
Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer B K Behera would also continue in the post of ADG, home guards and fire service.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stint as a special director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title