Prakash Mishra appointed as DGP, Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday appointed senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as the new Director General of Police (DGP) replacing Manmohan Praharaj after the Centre accepted the state government`s request to relieve the former who was on Central deputation, official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), is expected to join in the post of DGP, Odisha, within four days, Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here today,
Praharaj, who was posted as the DGP since 2008, had been posted as the director general, home guards and fire service, the post which was laying vacant after retirement of BB Mohanty.
Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer B K Behera would also continue in the post of ADG, home guards and fire service.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stint as a special director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata