Prakash Mishra appointed as DGP, Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday appointed senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as the new Director General of Police (DGP) replacing Manmohan Praharaj after the Centre accepted the state government`s request to relieve the former who was on Central deputation, official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), is expected to join in the post of DGP, Odisha, within four days, Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here today,
Praharaj, who was posted as the DGP since 2008, had been posted as the director general, home guards and fire service, the post which was laying vacant after retirement of BB Mohanty.
Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer B K Behera would also continue in the post of ADG, home guards and fire service.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stint as a special director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends