Prakash Mishra appointed as DGP, Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday appointed senior IPS officer Prakash Mishra as the new Director General of Police (DGP) replacing Manmohan Praharaj after the Centre accepted the state government`s request to relieve the former who was on Central deputation, official sources said.
Mishra, a 1977 batch IPS officer, posted as the Director General, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), is expected to join in the post of DGP, Odisha, within four days, Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here today,
Praharaj, who was posted as the DGP since 2008, had been posted as the director general, home guards and fire service, the post which was laying vacant after retirement of BB Mohanty.
Additional Director General (ADG) rank officer B K Behera would also continue in the post of ADG, home guards and fire service.
Mishra had on June 3 met Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Before joining as the DG, NDRF, Mishra had a stint as a special director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India