President visits "Go Green" sand sculpture at Puri beach
Puri: President Pranab Mukherjee praised a massive sand sculpture of Lord Ganesh made by eminent sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on the Puri beach here.
"I am happy and overwhelmed that the President kept his promise to visit our sand art in Puri beach," said eminent sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik, who called upon the first citizen of the country last month in Delhi.
Sudarshan created a big sand sculpture of Lord Ganesh with the message "Go Green", where he showed the effect of global warming.
Pattnaik used 100 tons of sand and took about 10 hours. Students of his sand art institute joined hand with him to complete the sculpture.
During a conversation, Pattnaik apprised the President yesterday about the history of sand art and told him about 14th century`s Balaram Das, the great poet and devotee of Jagannath, is the pioneer of sand art in India.
Pattnaik also presented a sand sculpture photograph of Lord Jagannath to the President.
President Pranab Mukherjee is on a two-day visit to Odisha beginning yesterday.
So far, Pattnaik has participated in more than 50 International sand art championships and festivals around the World and won many prizes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly