Pro-Posco oustees to stage dharna before Naveen`s residence
Paradip (Odisha): A number of displaced families who supported the Posco project on Monday said they would stage a dharna at Odisha Chief Minister`s residence on April 26 in the wake of reports that government may leave out their village from the project area due to opposition by locals.
"We will walk all the way from Badagabapur in Posco area to Bhubaneswar and stage a dharna before Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s residence on April 26," said Chandan Mohanty, a representative of one of the 52 families comprising 200 heads of Patana village from Dhinkia gram panchayat in Jaganathpur district.
Mohanty said they were being given a meagre Rs 20 per head daily for sustenance and uncertainty stared at them as the government was reportedly thinking of leaving out their village from the project area because of opposition by local people.
Mohanty said women, children and elderly persons would also set out for Bhubaneswar to highlight their neglect and demanding their well-being.
Driven out on June 26, 2007 from their village the pro-Posco families were given shelter by the administration in a tin-roofed transit colony.
A Posco protagonist said that their future was uncertain as that they had lost everything after being thrown out.
He said that they had supported the administration in face of strong anti-Posco protests but now felt let down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands