Pro-Telangana leaders threaten "militant struggle"
Baripada: In yet another barbaric sexual assault, six men allegedly gang-raped a woman after tying up her husband on the premises of the district hospital in Mayurbhanj here.
The 25-year-old tribal woman of Dantiamuha village had gone to the hospital yesterday along with her husband to see her ailing brother, admitted to the hospital following an accident, police said today.
In the evening, six men started teasing her. As her husband protested, he was overpowered by the accused who tied him to a tree and gang-raped the woman in front of her husband, sources said.
After the victim lodged an FIR, the police arrested all the six accused and sent them for medical examination.
The arrested persons are identified as Kundan Mukhi (33) of Baripada Town and Raghu Biswal (19), Gopi Mukhi (19), Balaram Mukhi (27), Sibaram Ghadei (20) Chandan Mukhi (20) of Sungadia in Baripada.
Protesting against the incident, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha staged a demonstration at the district collectorate and demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation to the victim and trial of the case in first track court on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal