Pro-Telangana leaders threaten "militant struggle"
Baripada: In yet another barbaric sexual assault, six men allegedly gang-raped a woman after tying up her husband on the premises of the district hospital in Mayurbhanj here.
The 25-year-old tribal woman of Dantiamuha village had gone to the hospital yesterday along with her husband to see her ailing brother, admitted to the hospital following an accident, police said today.
In the evening, six men started teasing her. As her husband protested, he was overpowered by the accused who tied him to a tree and gang-raped the woman in front of her husband, sources said.
After the victim lodged an FIR, the police arrested all the six accused and sent them for medical examination.
The arrested persons are identified as Kundan Mukhi (33) of Baripada Town and Raghu Biswal (19), Gopi Mukhi (19), Balaram Mukhi (27), Sibaram Ghadei (20) Chandan Mukhi (20) of Sungadia in Baripada.
Protesting against the incident, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha staged a demonstration at the district collectorate and demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation to the victim and trial of the case in first track court on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav