Pro-Telangana leaders threaten "militant struggle"
Baripada: In yet another barbaric sexual assault, six men allegedly gang-raped a woman after tying up her husband on the premises of the district hospital in Mayurbhanj here.
The 25-year-old tribal woman of Dantiamuha village had gone to the hospital yesterday along with her husband to see her ailing brother, admitted to the hospital following an accident, police said today.
In the evening, six men started teasing her. As her husband protested, he was overpowered by the accused who tied him to a tree and gang-raped the woman in front of her husband, sources said.
After the victim lodged an FIR, the police arrested all the six accused and sent them for medical examination.
The arrested persons are identified as Kundan Mukhi (33) of Baripada Town and Raghu Biswal (19), Gopi Mukhi (19), Balaram Mukhi (27), Sibaram Ghadei (20) Chandan Mukhi (20) of Sungadia in Baripada.
Protesting against the incident, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha staged a demonstration at the district collectorate and demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation to the victim and trial of the case in first track court on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet