Pro-Telangana leaders threaten "militant struggle"
Baripada: In yet another barbaric sexual assault, six men allegedly gang-raped a woman after tying up her husband on the premises of the district hospital in Mayurbhanj here.
The 25-year-old tribal woman of Dantiamuha village had gone to the hospital yesterday along with her husband to see her ailing brother, admitted to the hospital following an accident, police said today.
In the evening, six men started teasing her. As her husband protested, he was overpowered by the accused who tied him to a tree and gang-raped the woman in front of her husband, sources said.
After the victim lodged an FIR, the police arrested all the six accused and sent them for medical examination.
The arrested persons are identified as Kundan Mukhi (33) of Baripada Town and Raghu Biswal (19), Gopi Mukhi (19), Balaram Mukhi (27), Sibaram Ghadei (20) Chandan Mukhi (20) of Sungadia in Baripada.
Protesting against the incident, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha staged a demonstration at the district collectorate and demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation to the victim and trial of the case in first track court on daily basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city