Probe ordered into attack on BJD leader
Bhubaneswar: A day after senior BJD leader Housen Rabi Gandhi was attacked and injured allegedly by a rival group of the ruling party in Jajpur district, the Odisha government on Thursday ordered an investigation into the incident.
The chief minister has issued a direction for getting the incident investigated by the revenue divisional commissioner (central division), official sources said.
Gandhi, who is also the editor of `Utkal Prasang`, a monthly magazine published by the state government, was injured and his vehicle damaged in the attack allegedly by supporters of a BJD MLA.
The leader was first taken to the hospital on Jajpur Road and then to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, police said.
According to the FIR filed by him with the Jajpur Road police, Gandhi was dragged out of his car and beaten up by four motorcycle-borne youths, suspected to be supporters of Korei MLA Pritiranjan Ghadai.
The assailants fled when some of Gandhi`s followers, who had congregated at a temple nearby, rushed to the spot after hearing his cries for help.
Ghadai, however, denied his involvement in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion