Probe ordered into attack on BJD leader
Bhubaneswar: A day after senior BJD leader Housen Rabi Gandhi was attacked and injured allegedly by a rival group of the ruling party in Jajpur district, the Odisha government on Thursday ordered an investigation into the incident.
The chief minister has issued a direction for getting the incident investigated by the revenue divisional commissioner (central division), official sources said.
Gandhi, who is also the editor of `Utkal Prasang`, a monthly magazine published by the state government, was injured and his vehicle damaged in the attack allegedly by supporters of a BJD MLA.
The leader was first taken to the hospital on Jajpur Road and then to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, police said.
According to the FIR filed by him with the Jajpur Road police, Gandhi was dragged out of his car and beaten up by four motorcycle-borne youths, suspected to be supporters of Korei MLA Pritiranjan Ghadai.
The assailants fled when some of Gandhi`s followers, who had congregated at a temple nearby, rushed to the spot after hearing his cries for help.
Ghadai, however, denied his involvement in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal