Process begins for constitution of new Assembly in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: After declaration of Assembly election results, the process for constitution of the new Assembly in Odisha began on Sunday with state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) meeting Governor SC Jamir at Raj Bhavan here.
CEO Mona Sharma presented the gazette notification to the Governor regarding constitution of the new Assembly.
"It will pave way for constitution of the new house," Sharma said.
The CEO was accompanied by the principal secretary of the Election Commission of India when she met the Governor, sources said.
The model code of conduct, which was in force since the announcement of polls, has been withdrawn from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof