Process begins for constitution of new Assembly in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: After declaration of Assembly election results, the process for constitution of the new Assembly in Odisha began on Sunday with state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) meeting Governor SC Jamir at Raj Bhavan here.
CEO Mona Sharma presented the gazette notification to the Governor regarding constitution of the new Assembly.
"It will pave way for constitution of the new house," Sharma said.
The CEO was accompanied by the principal secretary of the Election Commission of India when she met the Governor, sources said.
The model code of conduct, which was in force since the announcement of polls, has been withdrawn from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends