Process begins for constitution of new Assembly in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: After declaration of Assembly election results, the process for constitution of the new Assembly in Odisha began on Sunday with state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) meeting Governor SC Jamir at Raj Bhavan here.
CEO Mona Sharma presented the gazette notification to the Governor regarding constitution of the new Assembly.
"It will pave way for constitution of the new house," Sharma said.
The CEO was accompanied by the principal secretary of the Election Commission of India when she met the Governor, sources said.
The model code of conduct, which was in force since the announcement of polls, has been withdrawn from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble