Prohibitory order clamped in some areas of Balasore town
Balasore: Prohibitory orders were on Friday clamped and additional police force deployed in some sensitive areas of Daragha Bazar locality here following a clash between two groups in Daragha Bazar locality, police said.
As a precautionary measure prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC were clamped this morning in some areas of the town but the situation is normal and under control, Suprintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
Two persons were injured in the clash between two groups last night following an altercation over a trivial matter in Dargha Bazar area, triggering tension in the
locality, police said.
The situation was, however, brought under control by sending police personnel and the crowd was dispersed.
Senior district administrative and police officials visited the area and made necessary arrangements to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional