Protestors try to stop Arundhati at meet
Bhubaneswar: Eleven activists of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) were arrested Sunday for trying to prevent writer-activist Arundhati Roy from attending a meeting here, police said.
Roy was invited to the event organised by human rights groups and tribal organisations.
"We arrested 11 ABVP protestors," Deputy Commissioner of Police HK Lal said.
He said the activists were protesting Roy`s comments advocating freedom for Jammu and Kashmir. Roy later attended the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan