Protestors try to stop Arundhati at meet
Bhubaneswar: Eleven activists of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) were arrested Sunday for trying to prevent writer-activist Arundhati Roy from attending a meeting here, police said.
Roy was invited to the event organised by human rights groups and tribal organisations.
"We arrested 11 ABVP protestors," Deputy Commissioner of Police HK Lal said.
He said the activists were protesting Roy`s comments advocating freedom for Jammu and Kashmir. Roy later attended the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report