Puri-Bhubaneswar under security cover as Modi visits on Tuesday
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s scheduled visit to Odisha on Tuesday, the entire route from the airport to Sri Jagannath Temple at Puri was given fool security cover.
"The personnel of CISF and Odisha Police have been deployed for security during Modi`s visit," Sarat Kumar, the director of Biju Patnaik Airport here, told reporters.
As many as ten private security personnel of the BJP`s election campaign committee chairman Modi arrived here today and took stock of the security arrangements at the airport along with party general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan and state unit president KV Singhdeo.
"Since Modi gets Z-plus category protection, we have made all necessary arrangement for his visit," said Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo, adding that security has also been beefed up at Sri Jagannath and Gundicha temples where the BJP leader is scheduled to visit and seek blessings of the Trinity.
The Gujarat chief minister will also meet Puri Gajapati Maharaja Divyasingh Deb and Sankaracharya Swami Nischalananda Saraswati after paying pujas at Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir tomorrow.
On his way to Puri, Modi is scheduled to pay tribute to "Pancha-Sakha" (five legends) at Sakhigopal as a mark of respect towards Odiya heros, Singhdeo said.
According to the itinerary, released by state BJP leaders, Modi will arrive at the Biju Patnaik airport by a chartered flight at 9.15 am and depart at 4:45 pm. He would spend around 90 minutes in Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir and have `darshan` of Lord Jagannath at Gundicha Temple and Goddess Laxmi and `Maa Bimala` at Sri Mandir.
Though there was no public meeting, Modi is scheduled to meet gathering of state BJP leaders at a hotel in Puri before departing from the holy town.
Party`s joint in-charge of Odisha Arun Singh landed here ahead of Modi`s visit to facilitate a smooth visit.
Singh along with State party President KV Singhdeo and others reviewed the progress of the preparations. Singh also visited the Airport and meet the Airport director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now