Pyari threatens to challenge Naveen`s order in SC
Bhubaneswar: About three weeks after being expelled from ruling BJD, Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra on Thursday threatened to challenge the action announced against him by party president and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"I have not received any formal letter from BJD about my expulsion. I came across this news from media reports," Mohapatra told reporters on his return from New Delhi.
Claiming that he had not received any official communication from BJD, he said Patnaik must serve him the expulsion letter. Mohapatra had also not been given suspension letter after Patnaik suspended him on June 1.
He was suspended from the party on the charge of attempting topple the Patnaik government on May 29.
Subsequently, Mohapatra floated Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) within BJD and continued to criticise its leadership. He was expelled from primary membership at the regional party`s state executive meeting on November 16.
Though about three weeks have elapsed since his expulsion, Mohapatra said he had not received any formal communication.
"I`ll go to the Supreme Court if I do not receive the expulsion letter by Monday," Mohapatra said adding Patnaik would have to follow the procedure as per the BJD constitution to expel any one from the party.
The Rajya Sabha MP said he would seek justice from the apex court on his expulsion.
Refusing to recognise Patnaik as the president of BJD, Mohapatra claimed that he was very much in the party. "How can Naveen expel me from the party when he ceased to remain the BJD president since July 2010," the Rajya Sabha MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here